Unplanned Pregnancy Counseling
Visit our offices conveniently located in Eastern Monmouth County to speak with one of our trained counselors about your unplanned pregnancy. You are not alone. Talk to someone who will understand.
Call for an Appointment
An unintended pregnancy can feel like a crisis when it is complicated by:
- School or career pressures
- Family tension
- Broken relationships
- Financial needs
- Health concerns
When an unplanned pregnancy occurs, it is easy to make impulsive or uninformed decisions. Be informed. Your decision has lifelong implications.
If faced with a possible unplanned pregnancy, what steps should be taken?
- It is important to take time to examine the options available.
- You should have a pregnancy test and an ultrasound to medically confirm a urine test.
- Talk to someone you trust. You are not alone and helpless in your pregnancy. You may be pleased at the support your parents and friends will give you. They may express surprise, anger, or disappointment at first, but give them a chance to support you. There are pregnancy centers with counselors who care and are trained to help. They can help you explore all the options available to you.
- Get accurate and reliable information concerning the development of pregnancy. Find out the gestational age of the pregnancy and learn about fetal development.
- Get information on groups that can provide services if you decide to carry to term. There are groups that can also assist with medical care and housing, if you need it.
- Find out more about agencies that can help you after the baby is born.
- Learn about adoption possibilities, in the event that you decide to make an adoption plan for your child.
- Be fully informed about abortion. Get information on abortion techniques. Get information on the possible physical and emotional damage that can result after an abortion. Having an abortion is an important decision. Take time to know what you are doing.
Remember the decision you make will affect you for the rest of your life. If you’re unsure, take one more day to think about it. Don’t let anyone pressure you into a quick decision.
Call (732) 747 -5454 to talk to someone who will understand.
If you are out of the area call Option Line 1.800.395.HELP (4357).